Facebook recently announced more than 750 million active users worldwide. That’s ACTIVE users. Half use Facebook several times a day. Plus, 75% of marketers plan to increase their use of Facebook in 2011!
So let me ask you a question. Is your business leveraging the power of Facebook? Keep reading to learn what’s changed with Facebook just for businesses.
How Has Facebook Changed?
Facebook has changed a lot in the previous months—for example:
* Tabs are gone.
* Static FBML has been phased out.
* Users can masquerade as a page.
If a user can masquerade as a page, one of your competitors can leave a comment on your pages, promoting their page (brand) to your users. Get ready for a new kind of spam!
But there are many positive changes as well.
* Pages have been redesigned to be cleaner and less cluttered.
* You have more control over your news feed.
* You can get an email when anyone comments on your pages.
* iFrame apps have replaced Static FBML.
* You can offer deals to people checking in on a mobile device.
And did you know that you can make Skype calls from Facebook?
Facebook is doing everything it can to become a one-stop source for people’s communication needs. And this is precisely why it’s so important for businesses.